UPDATE: The Buy a Brick scheme has now closed
but you can still donate to us with this link. Future projects include a new kitchen in Simon, an outdoor kitchen, an archery & shooting range and a new campsite within the woods. If you would like to raise money for us to do a sponsored event as a personal challenge, please get in touch as we can set up an on-line giving page for you.
We’re fundraising for the Simon Wilcox Building renovation and we’d really appreciate your support.
Buy a Brick for just £10 or more to get your name on the Legacy Plaque which will be in the renovated Simon Wilcox Building. We are desperately short of money for this project which starts in July. We’ve applied for grant money, busted a gut to get the materials donated and contacted local businesses for donations. Everyone who supports this renovation project will have their company name, child’s name or family name on the plaque which will be unveiled by the Mayor at the official opening on Saturday 23rd September 2017.
Ways to Donate
Our My Donate page
- You can bring in your donation in an envelope marked with your child’s name and ‘Buy a Brick’.
- If you work for a company who may give sponsorship to us through their corporate giving, please get in touch.
We chose BT’s My Donate site because they don’t charge us a fee unlike other popular donation sites. There are some small unavoidable credit/debit card fees, but this means with no paid staff or admin costs, almost 100% of your donation (or 125% with Gift Aid!) will go to the renovation.
The renovation includes:
- a full rewire with new consumer unit, LED lighting, PIR switches & sockets
- remodelled toilets to form a wheelchair accessible toilet plus a standard cubicle
- insulation to the roof and floor
- double-glazed windows
- powder coated aluminium external doors
- new soffits, fascia boards, guttering and down pipes
- energy efficient radiators with new pipes
- fitted kitchen with new fridge, cooker and hob
- new flooring and decoration
If you don’t know where the Simon Wilcox Building is it’s the smaller scout hut behind the main hut where we all meet. The main hut is named the Gordon Wilcox Building after the Scout Master who bought and bequeathed the land in 1950. Simon Wilcox is his nephew who now manages the trust fund which gives us an annual grant towards running the site.
Please feel free to share with anyone you feel would be interested in making a contribution. Maybe an ex 1st Solihull Scout or another Scout group.
A big thanks to Chris for all her efforts in coordinating this. Let’s hit that target before July!
Solihull Get Involved:
Friends of Solihull Mill Pool Facebook page:
Edit: MyDonate links removed on 09/05/2019 as the service is closing in June.